World MS Day is coming. First instituted on May 30, 2009, by the MS International Federation (MSIF), World MS Day touches hundreds of thousands of people all around the world with awareness campaigns focused on a different theme each year. This year the campaign will focus on MS research and will be called #bringinguscloser.
Even though World MS Day is on May 30, events and campaigns are held all over the world throughout the entire month of May. It’s a time when the entire MS community comes together to raise awareness, tell their stories, and campaign for everyone directly or indirectly affected by multiple sclerosis. Every little bit helps the more than two million people around the globe living with MS.
Be Defined by YOUR Possibility, Not by a Diagnosis
If you’d like to show your support for World MS Day, there are plenty of things you can do, big and small. You can even get free tools like logos, posters, guides, and more to help you bring it all together from WorldMSDay.org.
- Take it to the streets: Setting up a stall where people can pick up flyers and information is a great way to get the word out. You can also walk around your neighborhood and hand out information packets with a smile.
- Organize a seminar: Medical professionals like neurologists, physiotherapists and MS nurses can offer lots of insights into how patients, caregivers, and family members can deal with MS. It shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who’d give up an hour or two of their time to speak and answer questions to help mark World MS Day.
- Get together online: It’s easy to get people connected through social media, chat, or a webinar service. You can set up a Twitter chat, a live stream on Facebook, or host a webinar to help get people involved and raise awareness. There are even social media assets available.
- Ask local businesses for support: Local businesses that deal with the public often don’t mind putting a sign in the window or up in front of the check-out. Printing some of the flyers from WorldMSDay.org and putting them on display around town can draw a lot of attention.
- Put your event on the map: The World MS Day site hosts a global event map. If you’re going to organize an event in your area, add it to the map for some extra exposure.
Getting involved in World MS Day is important. More support and research is needed to finally bring the world a cure for MS. Each person who participates in the events and campaigns that go on around World MS Day helps us reach that goal.
CHS is committed to giving the best care possible
While researchers continue to learn about what causes MS and its’ possible cures, Corinthian Health Services is committed to giving the best possible care right NOW.
In fact, a recent survey was given to all Corinthian patients across the country. These are the results;
- Patients believed that every professional on their specific care team, from the Care Managers who assist with all insurance matters; the schedulers who work to get the best possible appointment times and the amazing IgNS certified infusion nurses are extremely knowledgeable, caring and concerned.
- In fact, our patients are passionate that they are receiving the best care available anywhere.
- Now, that’s peace of mind
- When confidence is present, stress is reduced and patients thrive. Good care BRINGS US CLOSER!